This is a simple and different recipe we tried on Christmas. I am not going to lie to you … in the end we kind of burned a little bit the turkey … only the orange topping though. But not be confused, this is a nice and tasty recipe, in fact, in the end we ate this turkey completely and it was all nice and tender. The best thing of this recipe is that is so easy to follow and if you take good care of the oven times be sure that you are going to end with a better turkey than mine.
What are you going to need?
- 1 5kg fresh turkey
- thick salt
- thick pepper
- 5-6 oranges; 2 will be grated and will use the juice of all of them
- 3-4 spoons of honey
- 1 cup of apple vinegar
- 3 spoons of brown sugar
- a bit of salt
- 1 Kg ground beef (can be pork)
- 200 gr. peeled and crushed almonds
- 200 gr. peeled and crushed nuts
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 small garlic
- 1 ltr. tomato sauce
- 1 cup red wine
Other things you will need
- kitchen rope
- plastic paper
Time table for a 5 kg. turkey
- 30 minutes to 220ºC without foil
- 2.5 – 3 hours to 170ºC breast covered with foil ***
- 30 minutes to 200ºC without foil
*** check every hour and spread the topping with a kitchen brush all over the turkey skin.
Finally … for the preparation instructions watch our video.